I've rounded up some gifts that are sure to make any watercolor artist super happy! Everything here is $50 and under, which means you won't have to break the bank to spoil your favourite artist.
- Huion LED Light Pad - An easy to store and super helpful tool, this lightpad is great for transferring designs, sketches, re-working sketches all without having to start from scratch. I love mine & use it with nearly every painting I do!
- Porcelain Flower and Circle Palette - These cute little palettes are both functional & fun to use. Porcelain is harder for the paint to stick to, so there's almost no staining. These would be perfect stock stuffers!
- Sakura Koi Field Sketch Kit - I recommend this palette to all beginners because the color quality is fantastic and it is small enough to take anywhere with you. It comes with it's own mixing palette and a water brush so you can paint anywhere!
- Pentel Aquash Water Brush - These waterbrushes are fantastic for painting on the go, hand lettering or just an easy no mess way to paint. They come in different sizes, and I recommend getting a pack with a variety.
- Chinese Calligraphy Brushes - Chinese calligraphy brushes are so much fun to paint with! The bristles are a lot longer than most watercolor brushes, which makes for some interesting work. They are also great for any letterers out there!
- Derwent Watercolor Pencils - Watercolor pencils can be a great introduction to watercolors, since you draw with them first then paint over with water. They are also great for kids, and for on the go painting. They can be used without water as well and transfer so beautifully!
- Finetec Gold Palette - This gold palette is a game changer and in my opinion, a must have item. The palettes are made from mica, so the metallic finish is beyond gorgeous and you get a true gold color. They are great for adding some sparkle to your work, using with lettering and calligraphy, and generally making your desk look prettier.
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor Palette - This palette is affordable and versatile with 36 different colors, including metallics. The colors are creamy and opaque, which work great for hand lettering and calligraphy. These are a great way to get a wider range of colors for a really good price!
- Dr. Ph. Martin's Hydrus Fine Art Watercolors - If you really want to spoil the watercolor artist in your life, or yourself, then these are the ticket. Liquid watercolors are next level in their color intensity and vibrance. A little goes a long way, and are brilliant even when diluted. There are a few different sets to choose from as well.
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Watercolor Pens - Zig brush pens are great for watercolor work as they're water soluble, but they're also great for hand lettering and adult coloring. The colours are vibrant and potent, and they have a real brush tip on them [not a nib!]. I love using them in my art journaling as well.
- Arches Cold Press 140 Lb Watercolor Block - Arches is the gold standard when it comes to watercolor paper. I started using it a year ago and haven't looked back since. The 140 lb has amazing texture and won't warp too much as you work on it. It's my #1 paper recommendation for anyone interested in furthering their watercolor skills.
- Moleskine Art Plus Sketchbook - Every artist needs a sketchbook for their ideas! Moleskines are another classic item, with their Art Plus line. These sketchbooks have 140 lb watercolor paper in them, making them perfect for painting on the go. I also use a few for art journaling as they hold up to wet media fantastic.
I hope you enjoyed my list of gift ideas for watercolor lovers! Is there anything else you'd add to the list? I'm always looking for new supplies!