Hi, I’m Torrie, the face behind Fox + Hazel!
Welcome to my piece of the internet, where I love to make art, draw, create design freebies, make DIYs and basically do anything creative I can. I have spent my life with a hand in multiple creative pots for as long as I can remember. I’ve knitted, sewed, painted, hot-glued, drawn, and nearly everything in between. I finally found my creative voice and haven’t looked back since. I create art every single day, and find deep joy in the work I produce.
My passions for creating art and creating a community around art making have become a core value in my life. I was able to take the leap of faith by selling my art and reaching out in the art communities to share my passion with others. Quickyly afterwards, I became a creative team member for several amazing brands, sold my artwork in local shops, launched my own Instagram 30 Day Watercolour Challenge and contributed to some amazing online classes (Hack the Color Wheel and 21 Secrets: Tell Your Story)
My deep belief is that every human on this planet is creative in their soul. We were made to design, create, paint, play, imagine and share our inner artist with the world. It’s just a matter of letting ourselves tap into that resource within us. There is an inner artist/crafter/plant arranger/advanced organizer just dying to be let out. It’s just a matter of taking the time to discover who that inner voice is, and what they’re trying to say. Through this blog, I aim to help people tap into that inner voice. I share posts to inspire and encourage, share high-quality projects and freebies and create artwork hopefully inspire others to pick up a brush or pen.
Some fun facts about me!
- I have three kids who are 5 years old and under! Yes – I’m busy.
- My high school years were spent as an emo angsty teen, complete with lip rings, backcombed hair and black eyeliner.
- I have 4 tattoos, and they are all on my hands/forearms.
- My husband and I married when I was just 19 – puppy love!
- Coconut is created from the ashes of hell and is the worst flavour you can choose. No offense. It sucks.
- All my artistic skills were taught myself, and I’ve never attended post-secondary for it.
- The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones: I am here for it. 100%. I was late to the game, but now I’m addicted to these shows!
- During my emo years, I was kicked in the face in a mosh pit. Luckily all I ended up with was a black eye.
- I am a habitual cuticle chewer, which I’m trying to stop. I’ve been working on it for 20 years.